When do I need a permit?

If you are digging or excavating anywhere for anything in the ROW (right of way), you need a 149 permit from the Highway Department.  

LINK:  149 Permit


All driveway modifications require a permit whether you are just resurfacing or altering its original construction.

Show All Answers

1. Why are there flags in my front yard?
2. How do I find out what roadwork is happening in my neighborhood?
3. My mailbox was damaged by a snow plow, can the Town fix it?
4. Does the Town pick up brush/tree limbs?
5. Does the Town provide a "Spring clean up"?
6. When is leaf mulch available for residents?
7. When do I need a permit?
8. Does the Town pick up dead animals?
9. Who is responsible for the pond in my yard/neighborhood?
10. Does the Town restore or armor damage from erosion?
11. Why is the Town trimming/pruning trees in my yard/neighborhood?
12. There is a street light out on my street, who do I call?
13. Does the Town recycle Christmas trees?